IDIBELL predoctoral research contracts 2013
Final resolution (modified)
Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) announces 12 predoctoral research contracts for 2013.
1. Object. - The object of this call is grant 12 predoctoral research contracts for the training on research, by incorporating predoctoral students to IDIBELL research groups to develop a valid and financed R+D project in order to obtain the PhD title. Selection criteria available on Append 2.
2. Beneficiaries. - Candidates must meet the following requirements:
a) Hold a bachelor's degree.
b) Have a minimum mark of 1,5. Degrees from foreign institutions will be validated following AGAUR equivalency table (see Append 1)
c) Not be in possession of an employment contract or another grant at the time of incorporation.
d) Participation in a master or PhD program.
e) The candidate's research project must be part of an ongoing research project and have public or private funding (excluding research projects in which the promoter is a pharmaceutical company or medical technology), and to develop an IDIBELL research.
f) The researcher responsible of the student should comply with:
a. Should not be a recipient of any IDIBELL grant. Each researcher should only have one student during 4 years.
b. Be part of an IDIBELL research Group
c. Be the student's PhD thesis director
3. Period and duration. - The duration of the support will be 4 years, from which will be deducted the previous periods in which the researcher has enjoyed comparable aids. Annually, the student must submit a report of its activities for the Scientific Committee to evaluate the work to determine their continuity.
4. Endowment. The gross salary will be:
- Year 1: 13.200 €
- Year 2: € 13.824
- Year 3: € 14.450
- Year 4: € 15.072
5. Documentation. - Applicants must submit the following documents:
a) Photocopy of ID card, or, if the candidate is a foreigner, photocopy of passport or NIE
b) Photocopy of degree or the justification for payment of title and copy of official transcript which indicates the average mark.
c) Applicants who have completed undergraduate studies at centres outside the Spanish university system also must send a photocopy of official transcript in order to the Evaluation Committee could approve the corresponding skills. Degrees from foreign institutions must be validated according to the table of equivalence for the AGAUR (see Append 1).
d) Document of being enrolled in a doctoral program
e) Curriculum vitae of the candidate. It may be in Catalan, Spanish and English.
f) Curriculum vitae of the principal investigator (include only the last five years 2008-2012).
g) A copy of R&D funded project.
h) Summary of the R&D project in English (recommended extension: 1 page)
i) A grantee's work plan, specifying the tasks to be performed within the research project for four years and his commitment to the project. Must be in English.
j) A statement of the principal investigator of the research project or group responsible for the student will be assigned, particularly if personnel are assigned to the project, arguing the need for a trainee to develop the project and recommending the applicant bidder. Must be in English.
6. Deadline. - The deadline for submitting applications is November 18, 2012. Any request will be admitted out of term.
7. Presentation. Applications will be processed telematically to OTRI in PDF or WORD to the following address: email@example.com with the title: "IDIBELL FELLOWSHIPS 2013."
8. Evaluation and selection. "The evaluation criteria of this call are detailed in a separate document (Append 2) and its evaluation will be done by an ad hoc committee explicitly named and chaired by the Scientific Director.
9. Provisional resolution. - The provisional resolution will be published on the IDIBELL website. A one-week period for filing claims will open. Claims could be done by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the title "Allegation predoctoral contracts IDIBELL 2013".
10. Conferral and incorporation. - The final decision will be published on the IDIBELL website. Concessions will be notified by email to the selected student and the principal researcher. The student should contact the IDIBELL Human Resources Department within a month. The incorporations are planned for the month of January 2013. Exceptionally, a candidate may join later after authorization by the Scientific Director and, in any event, not later than June 1, 2013.
11. Law. - This call is part of the provisions of Article 21 of Law 14/2011, of June 1, of Science, Technology and Innovation (BOE. 54,387, of June 2), which governed in everything that is not explicitly stated in this communication.